South Carolina Concealed Carry Handgun Class
The following is the class schedule for the upcoming SC Concealed Carry Handgun Class:
The main firearms instructor for this class is Joel Raines
September 25th 2021
This is a one-day class
You do not have to be 21 to attend the class but you do have to be 21 to receive a SC Concealed Carry Handgun Permit.
The class portion will last from 8am to 4pm. We will take a 30min break around lunchtime.
Range time will be directly after the classroom portion and certificates will be handed out to those who pass. On average we end the day around 6PM. Please keep in mind that we train to a standard and not a time therefore some classes may run a little longer so plan accordingly.
Inclement weather plan: We will shoot in light rain so dress accordingly with the weather forecast. However, if there is lightning or HEAVY rain, we will postpone the range portion and plan another date to qualify.
The class will be held at:
2060 Lynn Road
Valley Plaza Suite #5
Columbus, NC 28722
Cost of the class is $75.00
This payment is nonrefundable/transferable as you are reserving a seat another person could have.
Due to the nature of the course, there are some requirements that must be met in order to participate:
- Please wear Long pants
- Close-toed shoes or boots- NO sandals
- NO low-cut shirts due to the potential hazard of hot brass going down one's shirt.
- Pen and notebook for use in the classroom portion
- Ear and eye protection. Prescription Glasses can be used as eye protection. I also have Ear / Eye protection for sale if needed.
- Personally-owned handgun. This can be either a revolver or a semi-automatic pistol. NO rifles, shotguns, or submachine guns.
- If you do not have a handgun you can rent one from my shop; pistol and ammunition for $15.00
- You will need an outside-the-waistband OR inside-the-waistband holster for your pistol. I have a few holsters that you can borrow or purchase if needed.
- At least 50 rounds of ammunition for your pistol. Permissible calibers are: .22, .357, .380, .38, 9x19 mm, .40, .45. No rifle or shotgun ammunition.
NO Reloaded ammunition.
- Range bags are optional and suggested
NO Single Action Revolvers.
- I will provide the targets
- I recommend at least 2-5 magazines as one is none...Lets go to the range to shoot not just to reload!
- Please feel free to bring your own drinks, snacks/lunch. We will break for a short time for lunch at 1130
IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR A NCCCH APPLICANTS MUST:
-be twenty-one years of age or older
-not be under indictment for a felony offense
-not be convicted of a felony offense, unless the conviction has been expunged, set aside, vacated or pardoned, or the individual's right to possess firearms has be restored AND the individual must not be a prohibited possessor under state or federal law.
-not be unlawfully present in the United States
-not suffer from mental illness and been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution
* While on the range using semiautomatic pistols with only 1 magazine. I suggest 2-5 magazines but at a minimum you should have at least 2 magazines.
* Not putting your phone away during class...remember this class is for YOU!
* Not reading this and showing up in shorts, sandals, or lowcut shirts.